The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The working screenplay for POTC: Dead Man's Chest

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 7:42 am    Post subject: The working screenplay for POTC: Dead Man's Chest Reply with quote

Courtesy of Terry Rossio and Ted Elliott, the two writers, from Terry's board, which is Wordplayer.com

This is a compressed file in PDF format that is free for the downloading. Great stuff if you're in-to screenplays and the writing of movies.

Go to the link, then click on the title of the script.

http://www.wordplayer.com/archives/PIRATES2.cover.html

Ken
Jeremy Billones

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David Poland on the 2007 sequel season:

Quote:
The two real stories in next year's sequels are the 1-2-3- of Spidey, Shrek and Cap'n Jack in May. Only five films in history have grossed $400 million on their initial runs. And three of them have sequels in one month this summer.

I am pretty sure that May 2003 is the biggest release month in movie history with $1.4 billion being earned by its 46 releases. Four were $200 million movies:

Finding Nemo - $340 million
The Matrix Reloaded - $282 million
Bruce Almighty - $243 million
X2: X-Men United - $215 million

These four titles totaled 1.08 billion. The last episodes of this May's big sequel trio earned $1.24 billion.

And anything less than $1.05 for these three would sure be seen as a disappointment.

Those are some big stupid shoes.

The Hot Button
Ken Viewer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terry Rossio is predicting "POTC At World's End" will have a much smaller gross than the earlier two. He feels the Shrek and Spiderman sequels are going to eat up so much of the available viewer-dollars that At World's End will come in low. You can search for his post on the topic over at his board.

If you're into grosses-guessing, he'll be posting his Spring-Summer guesses in the next few months, if he hasn't already. I don't follow that board the way I used to because I pretty-much stopped regularly going to movies. If ya can't or won't go to wrestling, movies or baseball, go to the opera, which I'll do.

Ken
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: