The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

24 Season 6 (Possible spoilers)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: 24 Season 6 (Possible spoilers) Reply with quote

Well, another weak beginning to a 24 season. Nothing will top the beginning of Season 2 "I need a hacksaw, the exciting ending of Jack shaving).

The best part by far was Vampire Jack. Part of me hopes this is a new trait of Jack. It'll help liven up the show. Good to see Kiefer Sutherland hasn't forgotten his Lost Boys days.

I also liked Asad. He was great as Jack's new apprentice. Perhaps God forbid, if they kill off Jack, he becomes the new Jack. But Jack dying would also mean the death of 24.

I wasn't impressed though with a lot of the other new characters. Of course, Kumar of the stoner comedy Harold and Kumar go to white Castle was horrible. I also wasn't impressed with the latest CTU stuffy employee. And do we need another Palmer? This is the 6th Palmer to make an appearance. Maybe though some of these characters could end up like Logan. Intially, not good but after the repeats, a perfectly acceptable character. Not like his wife. Thank God she's gone.

Milo returning was also unpleaseant. He still looks like the fashion victim he did in Season 1.

Maybe this season could end up like Seasons 3 and 5. Seasons that started out slow but eventually became expectional seasons.
eron

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Re: 24 Season 6 (Possible spoilers) Reply with quote

corrado wrote:
Well, another weak beginning to a 24 season. Nothing will top the beginning of Season 2 "I need a hacksaw, the exciting ending of Jack shaving).

God damn that episode sends chills down my spine every time I watch it.
Iron Chad

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this is one that has to start slow to hopefully build up better stuff later in the day. Vampire Jack was a scream, it will probably be the running killing gag this season kind've like Jack killing people with his inner thighs was last season.

I like they are running the security v. freedom issue, and the first twist was sorta nifty. I am happy they made Morris a regular character as long as they don't put he and Chloe on goofy sideplots like "Who is the baby's daddy? (Chase if you are scoring at home)"

Kumar was fine, I'm really interested how ex-President Logan and wife and Bill (V.P.?) Devane and maybe Aaron Pierce and the Bluetooth Dr. Romano factor in this season.

Not the fastest of season intros but everything they seem to be building appears it could be interesting.

-Chad
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mixed bag with tonight's episode. A lot of Hour 3 was slow and medicore. Except for Jack loudly yelling "SCREW YOU!!" Kumar really is not believable in a drama like 24.

Hour 4 was great though. Mainly for the last 10-15 minutes with Curtis getting shot by Jack. Not a good year for Curtises. Jack's reaction and then the nuke made this outstanding.

They do need a brilliant villian though. Like the Drazens from Season 1, and my pick for most underrated Baddie, Saunders from Season 3.
Jeremy Billones

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dragged over from the TWoP recap.

"I have two questions. The first is, considering how unlikely it was for Wayne [Palmer] to have won a presidential election in the first place, how much more unlikely is it now that we know he has a sister who works for an Islamic advocacy group? Let me put it this way: we just sent our first Muslim Senator to represent Minnesota, but during the campaign you wouldn't believe some of the campaign materials we were sent decrying Keith Ellison for his endorsements from CAIR, of which Sandra's organization is almost certainly the fictional version.

And my second question is, does Barack Obama have any siblings?"
Iron Chad

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't find Wayne Palmer being elected unlikely in 24-land since David Palmer was a beloved president who had been assassinated a few months beofre the lection. When Wayne had to start his campaign, the assassination (as well as Logan's role in the assassination) would've been fresh in the country's mind.

Considering Logan was a Republican (it's been quietly established that David Palmer was a Democrat and Logan became president by the incapacity/death of the prior president who won when Palmer withdrew from the election) the country is most likely going to go to the other party and Wayne Palmer makes sense as a logical Democratic nominee.

Really, it's no more far-fetched than George W. Bush winning. David Palmer's Chief of Staff and brother, so I don't think political experience would be much of an issue.

You don't know if Sandra Palmer started working for the IAA before or after the election (I think), but even if it was before, the other party's President had just been exposed as a traitor with a role in the assassination of the previous Democratic candidate. There would be some ugly campaign shit, but the Repubs are pretty damn tainted by Logan at this point in the 24 universe.

24 requires a suspension of disbelief (or is it belief?) sometimes, but I don't think Wayne Palmer as President is much of a stretch, especially when you consider the prior 24 administration and party.

-Chad
corrado

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This week's episode was written by Vince Russo. That can explain all the Bauers and Palmers showing up. the Bauers are going to be like the McMahons next season.

Of all the people to head the Bluetooth gang, they have Jack's brother be the leader. A shark-jumping move no doubt.

Not much to crow about this week. Hopefully it picks up soon.
Iron Chad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russo stuff doesn't have a logical basis, Graham Bauer being the leader of the Bluetooth Gang does. Also, if Russo wrote it, Graham Bauer would end up being Jack's father.

This is not different that the terrorists having personal vendettas for Jack which has been Season 1 forward. Considering the "Bluetooth Gang" also had a personal vendetta against Jack (and we never knew why - they always wanted to kill Jack Bauer, we thought because they were worried he would foil their plans, which he did, but now we have another layer to that). They did a good job in five minutes of setting up that Graham Bauer has a clear inferiority complex to Jack (I'd like to know who is the older brother of the two so we can figure out what psychological complex to tag Graham with), so this could be something that goes back years.

Also Graham's minky of a wife (Rena Sofer) had it hard for Jack and settled for Graham when Jack went elsewhere, either to save the world or to marry Teri.

The pieces are there for a great season (I agree the Sandra Palmer stuff may get lame, but even at it worst won't approach Kim and the mountain lion or the bitchy woman that headed CTU with the crazy daughter, I'm still reserving judgment since I like the aspect of Islam as a social issue is actually being touched on with some depth). Methinks Wallid is walking through the last hours of his last day on Earth. I actually like the pace. Sure Season 4 was awesome with a new threat every hour, but when looking back, it was too farfectched. It doesn't hold up on rewatchings as well as other seasons. I think this one might, because while the pace of action is slower, there are deeper layers to the story and characters, which I like since I've followed the show from Hour 1, Day 1.

There was a nice bit of continuity with Matt Battaglia being brought back as an L.A. FBI operative since he had a cup of coffee last season trying to capture Jack and/or Chloe whilst on the lam.

If last night's episode made 24 jump the shark for you, then it should've jumped the shark long before.

If Donald Sutherland isn't going to play Old Man Bauer, I love that James Cameron is. That'll do.

-Chad
Jeremy Billones

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

James Cromwell :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: