The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lady in the Water

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steve Yohe

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Lady in the Water Reply with quote

I saw LADY IN THE WATER while the site was shutdown & I liked it. I think it's a good movie & I'm upset that insiders had this film reserved for failure before the public ever got a chance to see it. Seems a lot of people in Hollywood didn't like Shyamalan & were doing their best to knock him down a few levels.

Hollywood does this a few times a year & the only films I can remember overcomming the bad PR was TITANIC & BUTCH CASSITY & THE SUNDANCE KID. Cassity & Kid got bad reviews when it opened but in those days a good film could overcome bad reviewers because they opened small, to generate good word of mouth & then went city wide. Today they Pub a film to death & open on 3,000 screens. If it doesn't do well the first weekend it's dead. Even if it makes 18 million it's considered a bomb.

Say what you want about Shyamalan but he is an artist who trys doesn't play it safe, making comershal superhero crap & seguels like everyone else in Hollywood. He has talent & his movies are well made. After 5 money winners in a row, he's now in the shithouse.

LADY IN THE WATER in one of only good movies I've seen this Summer. I also liked THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA.---Yohe
Tomer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Lady in the Water Reply with quote

Steve Yohe wrote:
LADY IN THE WATER in one of only good movies I've seen this Summer. I also liked THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA.---Yohe

Steve,

I think the best movie out there right now is probably 'Little Miss Sunshine'. Very entertaining comedy with a pretty good message coming out of it. Worth a watch, IMO.

-Tomer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: