The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Robbie Williams: 'Kids - Don't try this at home.'

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Robbie Williams: 'Kids - Don't try this at home.' Reply with quote

Robbie's dangerous diet

Okay, so we have this one:

"The singer finds it impossible to get to sleep until 4 or 5am due to insomnia and is on sleeping pills. He is hooked on the powerful and controversial anti-depressant Seroxat, which has been linked to suicidal tendencies in teenagers"

Seroxat, Xanax and Vicodin according to another story.

But at least he's stayed off the coke.

And in the next line:

"And daily he gets through an incredible 36 super-strength double espresso coffees, 60 Silk Cut cigarettes and around 20 cans of energy drink Red Bull."

I think one might have a freaking tough time getting to sleep after 36 super-strength double espressos, 60 freaking cigarettes and around 20 cans of freakning Red Bull!

"His LA mansion has cabinets full of prescription drugs."

But:

"I canít honestly say that I donít take too many prescription drugs. How many is too many? I donít know. If you drink as much coffee as I do, you can easily get into the too-many-sleeping-tablets thing."
-Robbie in his most recent interview

No shit!

John
Iron Chad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm very skeptical whenever the "too much caffeine" or "too many energy drinks" defense is offered up. Remember when Steve Austin had to be hospitalized just before his last real match at WM XIX due to a racing heartbeat? This was when Stevie was noticeably in questionable condition to perform on the TV leading up to that WM. From someone who's seen the conduct, it looked like behavior of someone drunk (which was known, and heck, part of SCSA's gimmick) and coked out of their gourd. I was pretty sure Austin was stunned by Blow 3:16 on WM eve when he had to be quietly rushed to the hospital.

I've got no specific knowledge, it just looked an awful lot like something heavier than Red Bull involved, and I've got friends that are hooked on energy drinks and I've drank 20 cups of coffee in a day. It doesn't crank you or your heart up like that. Eventually caffeine just stops working at a point and in fact, you feel more sluggish and burned out after the 4th cup or so in a row. You have to space out caffeine to get the desired effect.

Austin's story has always been he drank too many Red Bulls and was nervous about injuring himself in the match, causing him to have something like a panic attack, I guess. Oddly enough, there doesn't seem to be any other instances of that happening. Usually panic attacks are something pre-disposed to happen in an individual and usually have happened in the past, sometimes the person just doesn't realize it. Needless to say, I've always been a bit skeptical about Austin's side of the story. I'm a bit skeptical on Robbie's too. Just a bit. :)

-Chad
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I drank one Red Bull... *WHAT?*
two Red Bulls... *WHAT?*
three Red Bulls... *WHAT?*"
-Blow Cold Steve Austin

;)

I must admit that I enjoy drunk and "allegedly" coked Stone Cold more than even Trip at his best. The only Trip that was ever as entertaining as Stone Cold was the one who tripped over the ballons in the ring that one night. :P

John

--------------------
From the 05-24-01 WWF SmackDown! recap by the Intelligent Sensational CRZ:

And now MY NAME IS STONE COLD STEVE AUSTIN DOT COM is out to show off his championship belt to anybody, if only they'll look.

"I came out here to talk about a few problems I got goin' on in my life - if I could have your attention for just one second, I could start....first off, I need you to shut your (beep) up - I got a sore throat and I can't talk very loud. Here's the thing, I gotta sore throat - I'm not ASKING you to shut your (beep) up, I'm TELLING you to shut your (beep) up. Last Monday night, last Monday night in a freak accident, a fluke - don't you dare get too close to me - Stone Cold Steve Austin was layin' flat on his back, looking up the lights, while the referee counted one, two, three. That meant the end of an era - Stone Cold Steve Austin and Triple H ain't the world tag team champions no more. One of the biggest problems I got with that is that Stone Cold Steve Austin got beat by Chris Jericho. Hey - my name is Stone Cold Steve Austin and I don't deserve to be beaten by Chris Jericho - that man doesn't belong in the same arena with me, much less the same buildin'! The reason that I'm no longer part of the World Wrestling Federation tag team champions is because of one man..."

["Ass hole!"]

"If you continue to call me (beep), I will turn around and walk right out of here."

["Ass hole!"]

Austin ACTUALLY takes his belt - and LEAVES! No, wait - he's stopping.

"No no no, I think I changed my mind."

HA HA AUSTIN RULES

"Like I was saying, the reason that I'm no longer the World Wrestling Federation tag team champions is because of Triple H - the man that calls himself the Game - the man that says he is That Damn Good - the man that looked me right in my eyes and said 'Stone Cold, I do not make mistakes.' The reason we lost is because Triple H is extremely selfish. I was right there in the middle of the ring, Chris Jericho had me tangled up in a Liontamer (!) - right - right when I was about to countermove the Liontamer and...hit him with a Stunner, Triple H comes in and interferes. That was one act of selfishness - then, right after Jericho hit me with a Lionsault, I was about to kick out, and the man that makes no mistakes comes in here and BAM! hits Stone Cold Steve Austin right in the belly with a sledgehammer. Hey, I'll admit I am one tough son of a buck, but even St- and I'm tougher than anybody in this damn buildin' - even Stone Cold Steve Austin couldn't survive the sledgehammer - so Triple H, with your little leg injury, I think you deserve exactly what you had comin', if your little tendon's sheared off, your little ligament popped off your leg, I really don't give a rat's (beep) about you. I care about me because my name is Stone Cold Steve Austin and I am the World Wrestling Federation champion. Okay, okay, okay. The other problem I got - the other problem I got is with Security - the Undertaker comes in my dressing room, and I'd already whipped his (beep) at Judgment Day, I done did exactly what I said I was gonna do - BAM - defeated him 1, 2, 3, and he barges in my dressing room and he looks me in the eye and says (deep voice) 'it ain't over 'til I SAY it's over...' Eh eh! It's over because Stone Cold Steve Austin SAYS it's over! Oh yeah yeah yeah, that's right, you do not THREATEN Stone Cold Steve Austin, you do not threaten Stone Cold Steve Austin, that's something ya just don't do. Now, now that I feel like I've cleansed myself and I got that out of my system.... we can go on talking about Stone Cold Steve Austin, your World Wrestling Federation champion! This belt is mine - this belt is mine. I am a fighting champion - I am a man's man - I am a champion of champions, and I will put this belt on the line! Listen to me - listen to me because this is extremely important. I will put this belt on the line to anybody - anybody back there in the dressing room but I just won't do it tonight in this piece of crap town...no no no, I won't do it in this piece of crap town, because you don't deserve to see Stone Cold Steve Austin in action, and that's all I got to say about that."

"Jesus Christ Superstar" plays....no, wait, that's "Step Up" again. Never mind.
Iron Chad

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved 2001-2002 SCSA too. Austin brought it on the stick and in the ring most nights. I'm still baffled that anyone thinks Muto had a better 2001 than Austin.

I missed the first time that Robbie was on Adderall. Since he was, he probably didn't need coke, since Adderall is straight amphetamine (amphetamine-dextroamphetamine). An interesting side effect of Adderall is that it can register on a urine test as PCP (my wife took a urine test for a job a few years ago -- BTW she actually does have adult ADD and takes Adderall which does the job much better than the Ritalin she used to be prescribed, luckily it wasn't a job she was dying to get because even a false positive for PCP = we'll take a pass, just to be on the safe side).

Our son had the usual ADD diagnosis when he was 8 and starting fucking up and doing nothing in school. His then doctor put him on straight dexedrine. Poor kid could hardly sleep (and this was taking his last pill at about 1:00 pm) without a shot or two of NyQuil and even then it was iffy. He also went from eating us into near bankruptcy to hardly touching anything, even his favorite foods. He lost 7 pounds over a couple of months, and since he was a stick, that's like a normal person losing 20-25.

He also probably had a very mild case of Tourette's which gave him a slight tic, the dexedrine doubled it and sometimes he'd stutter like Mel Tillis.

Doc switched him to Adderall and while the sleeping and eating problems lessened, they were still there. Luckily we found out pretty soon thereafter he was just bored in school (like 75% of "kids with ADD", it's not like school is interesting in many ways, especially these days with the silly educational standards, especially here in Kentucky where all funding and teaching is geared towards standardized test scores, I'd probably sleep all day and not do the stupid writing portfolios if I was of school age now either) and didn't have ADD.

Since he didn't have any long-term damage from his few months on ADD meds, I'm thankful for the experience. Even moreso than learning that lots of doctors are full of shit, there's no way I could've passed the bar exam without, um, "treating my own ADD". No normal human can make it through two pages of real property, decendent's estates or contract law bar exam notes without conking out or taking a study break five minutes after coming back from the last study break. The only negative was a couple of years later, my shrink tried to slam me in rehab when I explained to her how I passed the bar exam (evidently, I was such a mess it baffled her that I was able to pass the bar, I was just there because I had a real job and medical insurance for the first time ever and I'd never faced adult stress -- work, kid, paying the bills, etc. before), even though I hadn't touched an Adderall since I had turned in the multistate portion of the bar exam (granted I was a turd up through my sophomore year in college, but I was 27 or 28 at the time and had shed my turd properties years prior). Needless to say, that counseling relationship was irretrievably broken, and I've not sought counseling (or messed with Adderall either) since.

Robbie not being able to sleep until 4-5 has Adderall abuse written all over it. Even though Adderall is straight amphetamine, it doesn't effect a brain that truly suffers from ADD or ADHD the way a normal brain does. With ADD, small amounts (between 20-60 mg a day) will stimulate the CNS to produce dopamine which counteracts ADD and ADHD. This settles and helps an ADD sufferer be able to focus on shitty tasks like schoolwork. Someone who doesn't have ADD just gets the speed effect and does stuff like pound coffee all day long and stay up until 4 or 5 am even with a cache of sleeping pills. Someone like Robbie Williams.

Evidently our friend Ty Pennington formerly of "Trading Spaces" is an ADHD sufferer (I'm inclined to believe it, he has that annoying, "please shut the fuck up" quality that true ADD and ADHD sufferers (and honestly, many speed freaks) seem to exhibit. He's welcome to make my house over anytime, as long as he brings earplugs so I can't hear him yammer while he's there.

-Chad
corrado

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heel Austin was amazing. His 2001 reign was great and near-perfect before he turned face and was never the same. Very few heels and other wrestlers have come close to him in the past 5 years.

Another classic Austin rant was 1 where he said he was going to kick someone's ass if the crowd said "What?" then he proceeded to say "What?" 20 times.

Good times, good times.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iron Chad wrote:
I loved 2001-2002 SCSA too. Austin brought it on the stick and in the ring most nights. I'm still baffled that anyone thinks Muto had a better 2001 than Austin.

"My name is Stone Cold Steve Austin and I don't deserve to lose the Wrestler of the Year to the Great Muta. I mean... what's so Great about him? I am the World Wrestling Federation champion!"

:P

Lots of good stuff on ADD and Adderall, two areas I know very little about.

John
eron

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

corrado wrote:
Heel Austin was amazing. His 2001 reign was great and near-perfect before he turned face and was never the same. Very few heels and other wrestlers have come close to him in the past 5 years.

Despite it being one of the least popular opinions in pro wrestling anywhere, I believe that Kurt Angle's best year in the business is 2001. He has never wrestled as smart since, and even then, he wasn't the greatest wrestler in the business that year. That belonged to Steve Austin.

Now, how the hell does Robbie have the *time* to down 20 cans of Red Bull and 36 Double Espressos? I mean, seriously. Is he taking a piss while drinking the next? Not only that, but I call BS on the idea of him having insomnia. I had it for a long time. Insomnia is when your body is *TIRED* and you can't sleep. With the amount of espressos and red bulls he drinks, plus his former addiction to coke, *PLUS* I bet he also takes fat burners that also wire you up, I doubt his body is tired.

"The fat dancer from Take That."
- Noel Gallagher
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: