The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paging Johnny Cash fans...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jeremy Billones

PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Paging Johnny Cash fans... Reply with quote

After a very long and windy road, it looks like the series finale of "Daybreak" is finally going to get posted online, probably Friday.

The pseudonymous souce indicated that the hold-up was that there was a montage during the episode to the tune of "God's Gonna Cut You Down", but when the show got cancelled ABC didn't want to pay the license fee for a song that wasn't going to air. So they've pulled it and replaced it with a cheaper alternative (not named).

Music Video on Yahoo.com

I think at least one fan posted, "Just put in a subtitle saying "Insert Song Here", tell us what it was supposed to be, and we'll just go play it ourselves when the montage starts". Given my only other experience with substitute music (the removal of "Knights in White Satin" from the first Wiseguy DVD set) I'm liable to do the same thing.
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: At San Quentin (Legacy Edition) Reply with quote

I had not noticed this:

At San Quentin (Legacy Edition)

1. Blue Suede Shows - Carl Perkins
2. Flowers On The Wall - the Statler Brothers
3. The Last Thing On My Mind - the Carter Family
4. June Carter Cash Talks To The Audience - the Carter Family
5. Wildwood Flower - the Carter Family

6. Big River - Johnny Cash
7. I Still Miss Someone - Johnny Cash
8. Wreck Of The Old 97 - Johnny Cash
9. I Walk The Line - Johnny Cash
10. Medley: The Long Black Veil/Give My Love To Rose - Johnny Cash
11. Folsom Prison Blues - Johnny Cash
12. Orange Blossom Special - Johnny Cash
13. Jackson - Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash

14. Darlin' Companion - Johnny Cash & June Carter Cash
15. Break My Mind - the Carter Family
16. I Don't Know Where I'm Bound - Johnny Cash
17. Starkville City Jail - Johnny Cash

1. San Quentin - Johnny Cash
2. San Quentin - Johnny Cash
3. Wanted Man - Johnny Cash
4. Restless - Carl Perkins
5. A Boy Named Sue - Johnny Cash
6. Blistered - Johnny Cash
7. (There'll Be) Peace In The Valley - Johnny Cash
8. The Outside Looking In - Carl Perkins
9. Less Of Me - The Statler Brothers

10. Ring Of Fire - Johnny Cash & Carter Family
11. He Turned The Water Into Wine - Johnny Cash & Carter Family & The Statler Brothers & Carl Perkins
12. Daddy Sang Bass - Johnny Cash & Carter Family & The Statler Brothers & Carl Perkins
13. The Old Account Was Settled Long Ago - Johnny Cash & Carter Family & The Statler Brothers & Carl Perkins
14. Closing Medley: Folsom Prison Blues / I Walk The Line / Ring Of Fire / The Rebel-Johnny Yuma - Johnny Cash & Carter Family & The Statler Brothers & Carl Perkins

New Johnny Cash Song
New "Show" Song

By "Show", I mean the other performers on the touring Johnny Cash Show.

I haven't bought this yet, but it does an amazing job of fully restoring the entire Johnny Cash Show. You have the other performers opening. Johnny hitting the stage to Big River. You get other elements later in the show restored.

Folks have long known that the "Complete" version released several years ago, expanding the original 10 song album to 18 songs, was incomplete even in terms of presenting Johnny's songs. Most famously, they cut out "Jackson" which is seen quite clearly in the documentary of the show (the documentary is included as a bonus DVD). One of the ironies is that they kept Johnny's intro to "Jackson" ("I'd like to bring out...") to bring June to the stage, which is seen in the documentary. They kept the intro, then cut to "Darling Companion".

Fans of Blistered will be happy to see it here.

This looks super killer. It makes you wonder what is on the cutting room floor of the MSG CD, since that is a really strong set on just the 26 songs that made the set.

Anyway... I need to get this. Isn't my birthday coming up?

John

"It's my birthday, and I wants it!"
-crowgol
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire destroys longtime Johnny Cash home

:(

John
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

American VI: Ain't No Grave

"This title will be released on February 23, 2010"

Quote:
Product Description

American VI: Ain't No Grave, is the sixth and final installment of Johnny Cash's critically-acclaimed American Recordings album series. As with the previous five albums in the American Recordings series, American VI was produced by Rick Rubin.

American VI is deeply elegiac and spiritual, with each song its own piece of the puzzle of life's mysteries and challenges - the pursuit of salvation, the importance of friendships, the dream of peace, the power of faith, and the joys and adversities that entail simple survival. It is an achingly personal and intimate statement, as, from the end of the line, Johnny Cash looks back on a most extraordinary life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: