The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rotten Tomatoes Worst of the Worst

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Rotten Tomatoes Worst of the Worst Reply with quote

Rotten Tomatoes.com has put up the list of the 100 worst reviewed movies since the website was launched. The link to the starting page is below:

One heads up: Every movie on the list got its own page, so you'll have to go through a lot of clicks. The top 20 got brief write-ups beyond the summary of critics' thoughts.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/features/special/2007/wotw/

I'm sure everyone here has seen at least a couple on the list. I've seen two of them, but will hold off on mentioning them lest I spoil the list. ;)
Regan

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing that out. I've seen five of them, including number one. No spoiling for others, but I'd agree with one of the reviews on the page. Lots of action, often entertaining, but if there's a plot, I don't know what it might be.

Kevin
eron

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a few thoughts:

Number 23: Wow. This is one of those movies that even though I've heard some people completely trash it, others have it on Top lists for this year. Is it really that bad?

Stealing Harvard: I think any guy who sees the "girlfriend crying during sex" scene feels creeped out enough to not watch the movie any longer.

Premonition: Too early?

See No Evil: At 73? I'm sorry, it wasn't that bad. I got non wrestling fans who will state that. It's just an updated 80's horror flick. Does that make it bad? Anyone else see how this list is so far VOID of movies before the 90's?

Date Movie: I just seen that the other day. Someone shoot the Wayan Family. They should have never continued after In Living Color.

Because I said so: It came out what, February? And its no. 55? C'mon.

Yu-Gi-Oh The Movie: "Don't watch the TV show or play the card game? Then this movie is not for you." Then are you grading it on that merits? I don't really consider that fair. If it didn't do it for its audience, thats one thing. If it was everything its audience wanted, and it just isn't good for everyone else, then what is so wrong?

Ecks vs. Sever: Please, Tomato people. This is not the worst of the worst. Far from it. Where are the Blair Witch sequels?
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the worst "click-a-thon" that I've ever seen. Mr. Schemer never when to these lengths in splitting stuff up. 100 fucking clicks, and no full list in sight!

Okay... now that I have that out of my system.

Seen...

I'm actually surprised that #14 isn't #1. I can't recall a movie so universally shat on. I suspect the only reason it's not in the Top 10 is that some Scientologist have been planted among reviewers. ;)

John
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In response to eron's post, the movies made the list based on the reviews that RT.com compiled. That includes both the critics from the major newspapers and magazines, and critics for smaller papers and various websites.

A high number of negative reviews, regardless of how recent the movie is, put it on the list.

The first page explains how they determined the final rankings.

No doubt there have been movies made that were even worse than the ones on the list, but they came out before RT.com went online and, consequently, the site doesn't have enough reviews "collected" to give it a fresh/rotten rating.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: