The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Transformers (major spoilers)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:46 pm    Post subject: Transformers (major spoilers) Reply with quote

Saw it tonight. Not good.

The special effects were at times good, and at times overdone or blazing by so fast you can't keep up with things.

Peter Cullen voicing Optimus Prime was a nice touch, but there's zero character development. Remember how kids in 1986 were crying over Optimus Prime dying in that animated movie? There won't be any emotional attachment here, folks.

As far as the major human characters go, the only ones I found myself caring about were the high school kids, but otherwise, every human character is pretty generic.

Bumblebee never bothered me in the cartoons, but they sure made him annoying here. He uses his car radio to talk, and while it's funny at first, it is really overdone.

I'll admit to being a fanboy of the Transformers animated movie from 1986. I'll admit that movie had plenty of faults. But at least it had some semblance of character development. The live action one lacks that.

I could go on about the cheap humor they try to throw in as well, but I won't. Instead, I'll just say that I predicted this movie would bomb, and now I hope my prediction does come true.
The Greatest Man Alive

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally saw it today. Good movie, but needed about 20-30 min. of the attempted humor cut out.

No character development is right, but the majority of time was devoted to setting up the history. That was done pretty well.

Some of the writing was cheesy, but it got more genuine laughs out of me than I expected going in.

There is room for a much better sequel, and hopefully the money this one makes will allow for a better overall cast and some additional writing help.

Solid 6.5/10.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: