The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2007 Emmy Nominees

View previous topic :: View next topic  
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: 2007 Emmy Nominees Reply with quote

http://www.emmys.tv/awards/2007pt/59thnominations.php

I couldn't give a shit about the Dramas since 24 sucked and I gave up on it.

Comedies though should go in favor of the Office. It had for the most part a decent 3rd season and should win Best comedy. It'll either be Carell or Alec Baldwin for Best Actor. While Rainn Wilson and Jenna Fischer should win in the Supporting categories.

I also got South Park winning Best Animated Program. Although I wouldn't mind if Avatar won.

Notable snubs: Venture Brothers.
Sarah Silverman program.
The Greatest Man Alive

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heroes should run away with the Drama award. So much better than everything else on regular TV right now.

Shaloub should easily outdistance the boring, wooden, and generally unfunny Carrell and Baldwin.

It would be nice to see Laurie get the drama nod.

Wilson or NPH for supporting male comedy would be fine.

Fischer should be a lock.

Let us all hope the eternally unfunny south park doesn't win.
corrado

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Greatest Man Alive wrote:
Let us all hope the eternally unfunny south park doesn't win.

What's your beef with South Park? Its been one of the most consistent shows on TV. its had a few hiccups (After the movie was released, Season 9) but overall its been very funny and a show that is rare in that its still very watchable in its 10th year. In fact some of the best episodes in the series was from the past year.

And I hate to say it, but I see The Sopranos get the Emmy this year. Since its the last show and they love giving shows which had finales the Emmy, despite the shoddy writing of the season.
Iron Chad

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where the fuck are the nominations for The Wire? Wasn't last season eligible for this year's Emmys? That was the best show on TV, cable or broadcast over the past year with House a close second.

-Chad
corrado

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emmy Winners:

http://tv.yahoo.com/show/37064/news/urn:newsml:tv.reuters.com:20070917:emmys_networks_dc__ER:20269;_ylt=Aj4qGAn6d_oY0kf_Q7Z6bKT6o9EF

Big news is Sopranos winning Best drama, and Best Writing in a drama (insert jokes here)

Office got snubbed pretty much (Jenna Fischer should've won easily instead of no-talent Jamie Pressly). At least South Park won.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: