The OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum IndexThe OtherArena Forum Index The OtherArena
"Best not to think about it. I know that's a problem for you... not thinking. " -Steve Yohe

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Quiet Riot singer found dead in Las Vegas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jdw
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: Quiet Riot singer found dead in Las Vegas Reply with quote

Quiet Riot singer found dead in Las Vegas

Not that I was a fan of the band (or metal for that matter), but this does bring back memories of the early 80s when they topped both charts.

John
Bob Morris

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm trying to remember if Quiet Riot was ever the subject of a VH-1 Behind the Music special. I know a lot of the bands that were highlighted went into great detail about the drug abuse that was common in the rock scene then, and still is.

And much of it is eerily similar to the pro wrestling scene, in that you have a few of these musicians who remarked about the mistakes they made getting involved with drugs, yet you see the young musicians today doing them despite the warnings they are getting from the musicians who had been down that road and now see the error of their ways.
eron

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's the entertainment industry, period. There is just more money to throw around in music. The uphills and downhills are the same.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The OtherArena Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: